This product is made from Irish Moss which is a tufted seaweed or red algae which grows abundantly along rocky areas on the Atlantic Coast of Europe and North America. While there are a variety of things that this tincture can help with, below are some of the more typical uses:
- Helps sooth mucus membranes in the body and helps break down excess mucus.
- Reduces congestion and clears phlegm buildup in the lungs.
- Rich in potassium chloride.
- Good for dry skin as well as helping soften skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Can help reduce inflammation in the mucous membranes.
- May work as an antiviral or antimicrobial agent.
- Because it’s high in potassium, it might be useful for depression, anxiety, agitation, and fibromyalgia.
- Supports gut health and proper digestion.
- May help promote hair growth and improve texture as well as prevent hair loss and baldness.
- Some researchers say that it can also help protect the brain tissue from degeneration and Parkinson’s disease.
Directions: As a dietary supplement, please take 20-30 drops, up to three times per day in water.
Precautions: Do not take if taking medications for overactive thyroid and they may interact. Do not take if taking a blood thinning medication and use with caution if you have a history of thyroid issues.