Elderberry is a flowering plant in the family of Adoxaceae. The plant has both berries and leaves that are packed with medicinal value and may help in the following ways:
- Epic source of antioxidants and vitamins that can help boost your immune system.
- Help mildly reduce inflammation.
- Lessen stress.
- For years the berries have been used to treat and reduce the duration of colds and influenzas, infections, sciatica, headaches, dental pain, heart pain and even mild nerve pain like neuropathy.
- Can help lower blood pressure by reducing oxidative stress.
- Has been known to lower uric acid in the bloodstream.
- Long term use has been known to reduce liver inflammation and improve HDL function as well as Atherosclerotic Plaque stability.
- Can help with kidney and urinary issues.
Directions: When you feel a cold coming on, take 1tps. 1-3 times per day in water. If taken daily to arm the body, take ¼-1/2 tsp daily in water.
Precautions: Use caution if you have an autoimmune disease.